Chapel in the Pines 23947 County Rd. 74E ( Red Feather Lakes Rd.) Red Feather Lakes, CO 80545 970-881-3508
Worship: 11:00 a.m. every Sunday
Fellowship Hour 10:30 a.m. Sunday before Worship
Adult Forum and Sunday School, Sunday 9:30a.m.
Red Feather Lakes is a rustic mountain village located in Northern Colorado, dotted with mountain lakes and streams. The Chapel campus consists of the Chapel Sanctuary, a large Fellowship Hall for meetings and receptions, the Manse for visiting ministers and a Gazebo.
CHAPEL IN THE PINES -- A SHORT HISTORY
The Chapel in the Pines dates back to the 1920's when a group of summer-time Red Feather Lakes area residents gathered in what is now the Chapel Thrift Shop. Built in 1929, the small chapel, located on Ramona Lake in Red Feather Lakes, was dedicated as the "Stephen Memorial Church" in 1936. Summer services continued by a variety of ministers, many of whom became Red Feather area residents. During this time, the congregation gradually grew to fill and ultimately exceed the confines of the original chapel.
In 1961 the congregation moved to Red Feather School. At the same time, they determined that it was time to build a permanent chapel in Red Feather Lakes. The new site was donated by a local family in 1962, and construction began almost immediately.
The first service in the new Chapel in the Pines was held July 21, 1963. While there were no pews -- folding chairs were used until pews arrived in 1969 -- no furnace, well, or septic system, attendance often neared 100. The year 1969 also saw the construction of the Chapel manse, a comfortable mountain home that hosts visiting ministers and their families to this day.
Music has always been an important part of the Chapel's ministry. Its grand piano was donated two days prior to the 1963 opening. Totally refurbished in 1992, the 120-plus-year-old instrument still plays beautifully today. Nineteen seventy-two brought the donation and installation of beautiful Carillon Chimes. They play daily on the hour with traditional and seasonal hymns and carols. The Chapel's modern Allen Church Organ was installed in 1996.
The Chapel originally was designed to hold summer services only; and while once-a-month winter services began in 1994, it wasn't until 1995, when water services and restrooms were constructed for Chapel and manse, that year-round services began.
The Swanson Memorial Garden adjacent to the Chapel grounds was established in 1988. It is the only interment facility in Red Feather Lakes. The grounds host cremated remains and a memorial wall for those who wish to rest and be remembered eternally in Red Feather Lakes.
The Chapel's 3,000sq' Fellowship Hall was constructed in 2003 and features a full kitchen, large meeting area, upstairs classroom, office, small meeting room, and full basement. In 2012 the Chapel completed its current campus construction with an enclosed hallway between the hall and the chapel, new restrooms, and narthex area, and an upstairs meeting room.
The Chapel in the Pines has offered inter-denominational services for over 50 years to all who wish to enjoy the richness of Christian fellowship. Services are offered year-round and include a main Sunday service with a 2nd service during the Summer, Sunday school, Sunday adult forum, and weekly Bible study. Additionally, the Chapel hosts several large community events throughout the year